Sunday, October 5, 2008

The adventures of sock knitting


No que é que eu me meti...a fazer meias! Pois é, como diz a minha amiga Célia, a chuva ajuda ao crescimento da minha creatividade e eu já me estou a preparar para o Inverno :)

What did I get into...knitting socks! That's right, like my friend Célia says, rain helps the growth of my creativity & I'm already preparing for Winter :)

Há umas semanas atrás increvi-me na aula de tricotar meias na loja "This is Knit" e no sábado passado tivemos a primeira aula. Pois...o meu "trabalho de casa" não estava muito correcto (= a minha meia servia a um elefante :)), mas deu para practicar e tentar fazer o calcanhar. Ontem tivemos a segunda e última aula e eu tinha passado a semana toda a tricotar (nas poucas horas livres que tive) para compensar o tempo perdido e quando cheguei lá descobri que não tinha as instruções correctas para o tipo de lã em que tinha tricotado e agora as minhas meias estavam um bocadinho mais pequenas do que deviam :(

A few weeks ago I did put my name down for a knitting socks class in the "This is Knit" shop and last Saturday we had our first class. Yeah...my "homework" wasn't quite correct (= my sock would fit an elefant :)), but I practised and tried to do the heel. Yesterday we had our second & last class and I had spent all week knitting (in the few hours I had free) trying to make up for the lost time; when I arrived there I found out that my pattern wasn't the right one for the yarn I was using and my socks were now a bit smaller than they should be :(

Pelo menos este par de meias vão ser de uma pessoa querida com os pés um bocadinho mais pequenos que os meus :)

At least these socks will be given to a dear person with slightly smaller feet than mine :)

1 comment:

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Well done on the socks, the wool is such a lovely colour. Pity about the size but thats what happens, remember me with the three different size baby shoes. Here is a link to the rice krispie treats we saw on tv the other night http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?recipe_id=1605&kic=1